Monday, April 21, 2008

The Other Woman

I have just found out something about a friend of mine that I think is rather explosive and I don't know what to think about it really.

She left a few months ago back to England and she has just sent me an email that contains some pretty heavy shiz, I guess stuff she didn't want me knowing while she was here. For her sake I'll call her Emma. I consider her a good friend and a wonderful person. I have asked her permission to post about this.

Emma was traveling through Australia when she applied for a job at the cafe I worked at. We hit it off pretty well off the bat. One of the best parts of working there was that there was always new staff and lots of them were back packers from Ireland or England. They're always a good laugh cos they are just there for the money and don't take things too seriously (unlike my manager, which is why I have since left).

Anyway, I never would have expected or suspected what was going on. She has just confessed to me that she was having an affair with our boss while she was working there. She is only 23 and he's like 36 or something, also he is married with two kids. The woman he is married to is so lovely and beautiful, it's hard to fathom why he would want to stray. No offence to Emma, they are just like chalk and cheese that's all.

Emma is sort of quiet and young in the mind, not that that's a bad thing. I would say we share similar personalities, so I'm not dissing her. It's just that his wife is quite beautiful, and sophisticated (compared to us). They seemed to have an idyllic relationship, so I am quite disappointed to hear of this.

Anyway, I have responded asking for more information. I will try to document the whole story. I think it will provide quite an insight into.... I don't know - the anatomy of an affair I guess.

Emma did not sound too proud of herself, in fact the reason she let me in on this info is cos she has been depressed and she says a lot of it has to do with what happened. I feel terrible that she didn't feel she could tell me while all this was going on. I don't know what I could have (or would have) done, but maybe she wouldn't feel like shiz now.

Anyone experiencing depression should seek help. I have had my own experience with depression and know first hand how crippling it can be. Life can get better. Please let it.

Stay strong. With love.

No comments: